So women, would you shave your face – Yay or Nay! Did you know that some of history’s most beautiful women, including Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor, are said to have shaved their faces? While this cannot be proven, many of today’s beauty queens are open about the benefits of shaving.
Face hair is common among women. There are two kinds of hair: vellus hair and terminal hair. Vellus hair is the peach fuzz that covers much of your face and body and is nearly invisible. Its function is to regulate the body’s temperature and evaporate sweat. Vellus hair is extremely fine and transparent. If you look closely at your face, especially in direct sunlight, you may notice vellus hair on your cheeks, forehead, upper and lower lips, neck, chin, and sideburns. Terminal hair is thicker and darker. Terminal hair can be found on the upper and lower lips, sideburns, neck, and chin of some women. Both vellus and terminal hair can be removed with facial shaving.
Benefits of Face Shaving for Female
A Blank Slate: Shaving your face removes hair, debris, excess oil, and dead skin cells, which can help your skin look younger. This makes makeup apply more smoothly and last longer.
Self-Assurance: Some people are embarrassed by their facial hair. It probably makes sense for you to shave if it will make you feel more confident and better about your appearance.
How to Shave Your Face the Best Way?
Shaving the face for women should be done differently than shaving the face for men. It is also distinct from how you shave your legs and underarms.
To shave your face effectively, follow these steps:
2. Dry shaving may irritate the skin. So, apply Transparent Shave Gel to your face for proper hydration and clear view of the area to be shaved.
3. Shave your face with a single-blade Face razor designed specifically for women. These items are also known as dermaplaning tools.
4. Never use a dull razor to avoid any nicks or cutting of your skin.
5. When shaving, use one hand to pull the skin taut. Hold the razor at a 45-degree angle and use short, light strokes to graze the skin with as little pressure as possible. Shave with the grain of the hair rather than against it.
6. After each stroke, rinse the razor.
7. Don’t shave near your eyes unless you’re completely confident in your razor skills.
8. Immediately after shaving, rinse your face and moisturize with alcohol-free After Shave Balm to soothe your skin.
Face shaving is this simple! Try it once and we’re sure that you’ll fall in love with the smoothness and instant clear results.